Black Magic Cake (Best Chocolate Cake Ever!)
Black Magic Cake (Best Chocolate Cake Ever!)Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 2 c sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c buttermilk
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 c strong black coffee, cooled
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/2 c margarine, softened
- 2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate, cooled
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed for two minutes.
- Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes for a 9x13, or 30-35 minutes for layer pans.
- Combine frosting ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer.
- Spread frosting on cooled cakes.