Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces, or chocolate chips
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup oats (not instant)
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into small pieces, or chocolate chips
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, reduced fat, room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, low-fat
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain, fat-free
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces, or chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup canned (lite) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, or berries of choice (if using strawberries, cut into halves or quarters)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- *Use a double boiler to melt chocolate or melt in a sauce pan or low heat.
- Add almonds, oats, and salt to a food processor and pulse until a fine crumb consistency. Stir almond-oat mixture, melted chocolate, and coconut oil in a small bowl until well-combined.
- Add crumbs to a 9-inch springform pan and press crumbs evenly on bottom and 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan.
- Tip - Place plastic wrap over the fingers of one hand to press crumbs in place. Refrigerate crust to set while preparing filling.
- *Use the same double boiler or sauce pan to melt chocolate, and turn off heat when done. Cover and leave pan on burner while preparing filling.
- Chocolate should still be warm when adding to the filling.
- Add cream cheese and ricotta cheese to a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cheeses until light and fluffy and there are no longer visible lumps.
- Add coconut palm sugar and continue beating until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat just until incorporated.
- Add yogurt and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Pour warm chocolate into mixture and mix until chocolate is well combined.
To bake and chill
- Pour filling into prepared crust, place on a baking sheet, and bake on center oven rack 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until top is set and some jiggle is still visible in the center.
- Place cheesecake on a cooling rack and cool to room temperature, about 3 to 4 hours.
- If any cracks appear in the cheesecake, don't worry as they will be filled in with the topping and no longer visible.
- Place plastic wrap over the pan and refrigerate overnight or until completely chilled.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow to set at room temperature about 5 minutes.
- Run a warm knife around the outside of the cheesecake before releasing sides of springform pan.
- It is recommended to leave the cheesecake on the bottom part of the springform pan for serving.
To serve topped with chocolate sauce and berries
- Whisk together all ingredients for chocolate sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, until chocolate has melted.
- Allow to cool slightly then pour over cheesecake.
- Add berries on top, as pictured. Enjoy!