YUMMY! SENEGALESE SOUP LOVELY
Senegalese Soup is a healthy, gluten-free soup recipe that’s chock-full of sweet potatoes, chickpeas, warming curry and coconut milk. Easy, quick, and delicious!
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot or small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños (or 1 for a mild soup,) seeded and minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, peeled and diced small
- 4 cups (32oz) gluten-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 14oz can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- juice of 1/2 lime
- cooked white rice
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallot or onion, red bell pepper, and jalapenos, season with salt and pepper, then saute until vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes. Add garlic then saute for 30 more seconds or until very fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes, chicken broth, chickpeas, coconut milk, crushed tomatoes, curry powder, salt, and pepper, then turn heat up to high to bring soup to a boil. Once boiling, scoop some of the liquid into a small dish with the peanut butter then stir until smooth. Stream back into the soup then stir to combine. Turn heat down to medium then simmer until sweet potatoes are tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat then stir in lime juice. Taste then add more salt, pepper, and/or lime juice if necessary. Serve with cooked white rice and chopped fresh cilantro, ........
- PLease Klik Here for Full Directions and Recipe Notes.